The Basic Warranty coverage is for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
Wheel alignment and balancing are covered for 12 months or 20,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
This warranty covers repairs and adjustments needed to correct
defects in materials or workmanship of any part supplied by Lexus,
except in the following situations:
- Fire, accidents or theft.
- Abuse or negligence.
- Misuse-for example, racing or overloading.
- Improper repairs.
- Alteration or tampering.
- Lack of or improper maintenance, including use of fluids other
than those specified in the Warranty and Services Guide.
- Airborne chemicals, tree sap, road debris (including stone
chips), rail dust, salt, hail, floods, windstorms, lightning and
other environmental conditions.
- Water contamination.
- Noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration
caused by normal wear and tear.
- Vehicles that have had their odometer tampered with so that
actual vehicle mileage cannot be determined.
- Any vehicle for which the original factory-assigned vehicle
identification number can't be determined.
- Any vehicle that has been issued a "salvage" title or similar
title under any state's law. This also includes cars that have been
declared a "total loss" or equivalent by a financial institution or
insurer, such as by payment for a claim in lieu of repairs because
the cost of repairs exceeded the cash value of the vehicle. This
exclusion does not apply to the emission control warranties with
- Incidental or consequential damage associated with vehicle
failure. Such damages include but are not limited to inconvenience;
the cost of transportation, telephone calls and lodging; the loss
of personal or commercial property; and the loss of pay or revenue.
- Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-ups;
replacement of fluids and filters; lubrication; cleaning and
polishing; replacement of spark plugs and fuses; and replacement of
worn wiper blades, brake pads/linings and clutch linings. NOTE: For
2004 Lexus models, customers will receive a 1,000-mile maintenance
and may choose between the 5,000 and 7,500-mile maintenance.
Beginning with 2005 models, coverage now includes the Lexus
Personalized Settings (LPS) program, which must be completed within
12 months from the vehicle's purchase date and the
- Tires, which are covered by a separate warranty provided by the